Monday 5 April 2010

Hair Dresser

I went to one of the saloon here just to accompany friend. While I was waiting for my friend turn, I observed some customers behaviour. Not my intention to observe them, It just that I had nothing to do so might as well do it.

When I arrived there,the is one boy about 10-12 years old,who has been waiting his turn since 1pm and it was almost 4pm at that time and yet, he still didn't get his turn. Poor boy. It was his first time getting a haircut by his own. I can really see his determination clearly to get a haircut by his own. If I was at his place, I will just leave the saloon and go to somewhere else. I hate to wait for hours just to get a haircut. Not worth at all. But being a boy who still in the grow up process, I believe he really wanted to show to his friend that he is now able to get his own haircut and not really mummy's boy anymore. Before this, mom who brought him there to get a haircut and now, he went with his friend. Before this, mom whos arranged the style with the hairdresser now he was the one who decide it. Just like other grown up boys he then asked for the style he wanted. Turn out, damn gorgeous. I like the way the hairdresser style his hair.He then walked home with head held high.

After the hairdresser got the boy haircut done,she then turn to one woman is about 40's, I guess not really sure. It was not my intention too to listen to their conversation but what do you aspect since we were in the same room and that room just fit 5 of us. From their conversation, she told the hairdresser she got 10 children and I just can't believe it. Its just weird for Caucasian here to have more than 2 children to be honest. When I told my friend I got 2 siblings and plus me, so 3 in total, she just astonished since she only has one sister in her family. I just don't see any different there, it just that I had one extra doesn't mean it look weird at all...nooo naah!oh I forgot to mention the style she asked for. She just told the hairdresser to cut her hair short. I was quite surprised why she asked for that since she already has a short hair. The hairdresser didn't question her request since she is one of her regular customer.


I really can't wait to see the outcome. Just wanted to know what she'll look like after that. she's kind of rock coz she got purple + reddish + black hair. Finally, oh my god! awesome. The hairdresser style her hair spiky. If I'm at 40's I didn't dare to take a risk to have a haircut such that. no at all. People here, they just don't care as long as they satisfied with their appearance and that's enough. They don't have to listen to other people view anyway. They can just point out what they want and what they hate. Belong to orthodox malay which manners and culture still number one, I was not allowed to do that. I still can do it but it doesn't look great in my society. but which one we as a whole prefer? orthodox or modern? just think about it.

That's the only two stories I can share while I was waiting for my friend to get her haircut done. It was totally utterly exciting to observe people. There are many people out there and for sure there are many behaviour which we need to discover, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment

for me to think